Sunday, June 17, 2012

you're a crazy cat lady when...

You buy your cat a leash. And that's just what I did this weekend.

I'm pretty sure Basement Cat was an inside/outside cat at her previous home. She's always curious about what's on the other side of the door. (So curious that she's snuck outside a few times!) Even though I know she would love it, I won't let her be an inside/outside cat. We live a few blocks outside the city and a steady stream of traffic passes by our house. I can't bare the thought of her getting hit by a car or her not coming home and I'm left wondering what happened. If we lived in the country with a big yard where there was very little chance of her coming in contact with a car, things would be different.

But anywho, we came to a compromise. I bought her a leash and harness! She gets to enjoy the grass and birds, and I get the peace of mind knowing that she can't get past the sidewalk.

Just in case you were wondering, Monkey and Elsie got their chance on the leash. Monkey was so scared he peed on Chris and Elsie in her usual bitchy way threw a fit.

On a side note: I washed the dog with the hose today. Unpleasant. I'll leave that job to Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment